miércoles, 20 de noviembre de 2013

ORDERING FOOD: THERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES



   






We have practised all these sentences:

  Making offers:                                                              Making requests: 
Can I help you?                                                             I'd like to have the set lunch. 
Would you like to have a starter?                              I'd like to have a bowl of chicken soup, please. 
Would you like anything to drink?                              I'd like to have a glass of Coke. 
Can I bring you anything else?                                    I'd like to have a grilled cheese sandwich. 
 I’d like to have the bill. 


This was the dialogue:

Waiter: Hello. Can I help you? 
Kitty: Yes. I'd like to have lunch. 
Waiter: Would you like to have a starter? 
Kitty: Yes, I'd like to have a bowl of chicken soup, please. 
Waiter: And what would you like to have for the main course? 
Kitty: I'd like to have cheese burger. 
Waiter: Would you like anything to drink? 
Kitty: Yes, I'd like to have a glass of Coke. 
Waiter (After Kitty having her lunch): Can I bring you anything else? 
Kitty: No thank you. But I’d like to have the bill, please. 
Waiter: Certainly. 
(After a moment) 
Waiter: That's $34. 
Kitty: Here you are. Thank you very much. 
Waiter: You're welcome. Have a nice day. 
Kitty: Thank you, same to you

We all have enjoyes ourselves a lot.